For the last few years, there has been an evolving conversation about the urgent need for affordable housing in the U.S. Industry leaders have been discussing challenges, looking at how
For the last few years, there has been an evolving conversation about the urgent need for affordable housing in the U.S. Industry leaders have been discussing challenges, looking at how to make different financing options work in different cities, and creating teams of stakeholders to study successful workforce housing programs in hopes of recreating them.
With the current economic downturn, the urgency to address the affordable housing crisis is only amplified.
Southeast Real Estate Business is hosting a panel of industry leaders to discuss obstacles that the affordable housing sector faces and ideas for bringing projects to fruition, as well as strategies for the successful operation of existing properties during the pandemic.
The webinar — Affordable Housing Southeast: What is the Outlook for the Affordable Housing Sector in the Southeast Region? — will take place Thursday, November 12, from 10:00 am-12:15 pm Eastern and will include two separate panel discussions.
The developer/owner/investor panel will include Ray Kuniansky of Columbia Residential, Granvel Tate of The Michaels Organization, Nick Anderson of Dominium, and moderator Marc Padgett of Summit Contracting Group.
Speakers on the broker/lender panel will include Derek DeHay of Newmark Knight Frank, Aaron Hargrove of Greystone Real Estate Advisors, Jeff Rodman of M&T Bank, Kevin Morris of Colliers International and moderator Kyle Shoemaker of Affordable Housing Investment Brokerage, Inc.
Topics to be discussed:
- How has the pandemic impacted existing affordable housing properties, as well as plans for new development?
- What is the appetite for investors when it comes to affordable housing?
- What is the expectation for development of affordable housing projects in the next few years?
- Who are the big players developing in the Southeast?
- How would you describe the availability of capital for projects right now?
- Which states or cities have the best incentives for new development or redevelopment of affordable housing?
- What factors are critical to the success of an affordable housing project?
(Thursday) 10:00 am - 12:15 am